This project was a basic traffic light sequence with Light Emitting Diodes. The lights were controlled by a Raspberry Pi 3 using the GPIO pins. As the animated sequence shows, the lights lit up as a traffic light would. This was achieved through a Python coding language script.
This was my first project on a Raspberry Pi as well as the first time using the Python coding language. I took the time to learn the basics of Python and then applied this using the Raspberry Pi reference material to build this system of my own design. Troubleshooting along the way while working with the Raspberry Pi and Python meant I had to engage my engineering skills and methodologies to be able to navigate unexpected output. At the end of this process I got to know the Raspberry Pi and further developed my understanding of how hardware and software mesh in a microprocessor environment.
This is a very simple currency converter which I coded on the Android platfrom. The app converts Australian dollars to American dollars or vice versa. The conversion rate was the rate at the time of coding the app.
The user inputs a value for the Australian Dollar or the American Dollar. When the "convert" button is pressed the app will convert to the alternate value.
This is a simulation of a Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) signalling system for telecommunications and a decoding system to convert a DTMF signal back into a number. DTMF is the signal that is generated when an ordinary telephone’s touch keys are pressed. The DTMF signals consisted of the sum of two sinusoidal frequencies, one low and one high. When pressing the keys a modulated tone plays and the corresponding symbol is placed in the text box. This was created in the MATLAB software package using its graphical user interface capabilities.
This is a simulation created with the MATLAB software package. This is a simulation of a Resistive-Capacitive (or RC) circuit. This involved inputting variables in an equation that models the charge and discharge curve. The voltage input function can be changed to different settings such as step and pulse in order to model its effect.
This project was a 17V peak (12 V RMS) AC (Alternating Current) to DC (Direct Current) step down voltage converter. The aim of the project was to achieve an output DC voltage of 2.5 V.
The project involved extensive simulation using Altium Designer, testing using oscilloscopes and a lot of hands on time and effort. I thoroughly enjoyed this challenging project where students were left to take control and initiative on this intensive design project.
This was a project that I very much enjoy working on in my own time and is still a work in progress. This project above is my attempt at a messenger instant message service. This is a console application which shows how the user interacts with the system. My next endeavour will be to create the back end communication of data, that will allow messages to be sent between console applications. This was developed in Microsoft Visual Studio with the C++ coding language.
I regularly enjoy observing a situation in everyday life and creating a software solution, a holiday time filler if you will. After seeing an analogue vegetable weight scale at my local supermarket, I was intrigued at how such a simple task has not been brought into the computer era. Thus I coded a small program that would take an input weight and price and calculate the total amount to be paid by the customer.